TERMS AND CONDITION
In these terms and conditions: “we”, “us” & “our” refers to The Rose Petal Cakery and Umami Concepts and where appropriate, to the sponsors of the Battle of the Bakers; “you”, “your” & “yourself” refers to entrants and participants of the Battle of the Bakers.
1. You agree to provide true and accurate information about yourself as prompted by the registration form and let us know of any changes to your information promptly.
2. You may only register once and you must not register, or attempt to register, more than once or attempt to achieve registration of more than one membership for yourself (eg by applying for multiple registrations or memberships by using different email addresses, different mailing address or variations on first or last name for the same person).
3. When you register, you must provide your real name and any other such details as requested on the registration form. If you provide any information that is untrue, inaccurate or inappropriate or we have reasonable grounds to suspect that such information is untrue, inaccurate or inappropriate or that you have registered, or attempted to register, more than once, we have the right to delete your registration.
4. The Battle of the Bakers is intended for amateur home bakers living in Hong Kong. Professional bakers (past or present) are not permitted to enter.
5. All entrants must be 18 years or older.
6. All entrants must register using the form on the website and leave their full details before Saturday 27th September 2014.
7. Entrants who have successfully registered and been chosen for the initial Bake-off will be required to pay the HK$500 registration fee. Confirmation of payment, eg. photo of bank transfer slip, must be provided along with the additional information (including a selfie of yourself baking and an image of your submission dish) by Tuesday 7th October. Your registration will be deemed incomplete and you will be withdrawn from our list of participants if we do not receive the information listed above.
8. Participants who are successful during the Initial Bake-off and are selected to proceed to the Battle of the Bakers sessions will be required to pay a final HK$3,000 participation fee, which will cover the remainder of the 7- 8 weeks of events.
9. Both the registration and participation fees are non-refundable or transferable under any circumstances.
10. The initial selection bake-off involves baking a cake/ dish and submitting it pre-cut/ divided for 50 tasters (bite size pieces sufficient.) All baked entries must be left between 10am and 11am on Sunday 12th October 2014 at Umami Concepts on Bonham Road. No entries will be accepted after this time.
11. Entrants to continue in the Battle of the Bakers sessions will be chosen through a blind voting, point based system during the initial bake-off. All judges final decisions are non negotiable or transferable.
Battle of the Bakers Sessions
12. Entrants must be able to attend all baking sessions on Sat 1st, 8th, 15th, 22nd, 29th Nov and 6th, 13th/14th December. Sessions will run from approximately 10am- 2pm.
13. For all sessions other than the initial bake-off participants will be judged on the overall appearance, texture, taste, skills and innovation of their prepared recipes.
14. The judges’ decisions is final and binding and they will have the final say and it will be in their opinion who are the best suited to continue on each week. No correspondence will be entered into. Entry implies acceptance of these terms and conditions.
Submission of baking items, recipes & other material
17. All baking entries must be accompanied by a list of ingredients and baking recipe sent to us in advance of the session.
18. Any baked items submitted by you must be prepared from scratch by you alone. All participants will need access to an oven to bake in.
19. By submitting a recipe, photo or other material to us, you warrant and undertake that that the recipe(s) and material you provide is original to you and has not been copied or reproduced from any published source, tangible or electronic. If your recipe(s) is from a published source then that source must be named.
20. Upon submitting a recipe, photo or other material to this website you grant to us the right to edit, modify, adapt, translate, exhibit, publish, transmit, reproduce, create derivative works from, distribute, perform, display, and otherwise use, at no charge and in any medium the same for any purpose. You agree that we may attribute origination of the recipe or other material to you.
21. You may copy single recipes and other material provided by us manually or electronically but only for your personal use. You may not sell or charge for access for any recipes copied from the website either singly or in collections.
22. All photos, videos and recipes of the events and contestants may be used for marketing purposes for the event and future marketing by the us and any of the sponsors.
23. Participants may be required to take part in publicity resulting from the Battle of the Bakers session with no further recompense.
24. You acknowledge and accept that by registering as a participant of the Battle of the Bakers you are providing to us and agreeing that we may store personal information including your name, address, telephone number, email address etc.
25. We not responsible for the outcome of any recipes we provide at our sessions, by email or on our website. All our recipes have been tried and tested personally. You may not achieve the results desired due to variations in ingredients, cooking temperatures, omissions, or individual cooking ability. You should always use your best judgement when cooking and seek expert advice before beginning if you are unsure.
26. You should always take care not to injure yourself or others on sharp knives or other cooking implements or to burn yourself or others while cooking. Each participant is responsible for their own care during preparation and baking.
27. We shall not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever which is suffered (including but not limited to indirect or consequential loss) or for any personal injury suffered or sustained in connection with the Battle of the Bakers.
28. You should examine the contents of ingredients prior to preparation and consumption of these recipes in order to be fully aware of and to accurately advise others of the presence of substances which might provoke an adverse reaction in some consumers – for example nuts.
29. Our website may contain hyperlinks to Internet websites operated by third parties. We are not responsible for the contents of any linked website (including any goods or services offered or supplied through such a website) or any hyperlink contained in the linked website. The inclusion of any link does not imply any endorsement of the linked website by us. Any link within our website, which takes you to a third-party web site is clicked on entirely at your own risk. We do not endorse or in any way adopt representations made by advertisers on any linked website.